Volume 55 (2005) Issue: 2005 No#5-6

Retrospective analysis of canine mesenchymal tumors of skin and soft tissues

Author(s): Aleksić-Kovačević Sanja, Kukolj V, Jelesijević T, Jovanović M

Keywords:cutaneous, dog, haematopoietic, mesenchymal, tumors

Out of the total number of 632 tumor specimens obtained from dogs of different breeds over the period of last 66 months, cutaneous tumors were diagnosed in 211 cases, i.e., in 123 (58.3%) male dogs and 88 (41.7%) bitches, aged on average 7 years. Among the total number of 211 skin tumors, 32 types of cutaneous neoplasms were diagnosed, with epithelial and melanocytic tumors being the most predominant (58.3%), followed by hematopoietic tumors (22.3%) and mesenchymal tumors of the skin and soft tissues (19.4%). Cutaneous hematopoietic tumors comprising the total of 47 cases and mesenchymal tumors of the skin and soft tissues (41 cases) were subjected to detailed histological analysis, as well as immunohistochemical analysis if necessary, and the tumors were classified based on the most recent WHO classification of cutaneous neoplasms. The large number of cutaneous hematopoietic tumors is the result of a large number of mastocytomas and histiocytomas. These tumors were benign in 14 (29.79%) cases, while the remaining 33 (70.21%) were malignant. Out of the total number of canine tumors examined based on the biopsy and section materials over the last five years at the Department of Pathology, skin tumors and mammary gland tumors were proved to be the two largest groups diagnosed in 33.4% and 36% of cases, respectively.

My account



ISSN: 0567-8315

eISSN: 1820-7448

Journal Impact Factor 2017: 0.604

5-Year Impact Factor: 0.439

Indexing: Thomson Reuters/Science Citation Index Expanded, Zoological Record, Biosis Previews, Web of Science, Journal Citation Reports, Google Scholar, SCIndeks, KoBSON, Genamics, Journal Seek, Research Gate, DOAJ, Journal Rate, SJR – SCImago Journal & Country Rank, WorldCat, Academic Journals Database, Medical Journals Links, MedSci, Pubget